Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 4: Think out loud - Professional Development

At a recent administrative meeting, the topic of professional development was brought up and I quickly inserted my two cents on the fact that our staff needed more technical training.

Receptive to the requiring staff to complete a certain amount of technology training, our headmaster charged me with coming up with some technology training topics.  While much of my training may revolve around technical training in terms of troubleshooting and how to use networked resources, I will also focus time on how to make technology work for them.

Technology is a tool that should be used to make your job simpler.  When I hear someone say that they will do something manually (aka pen and paper) because it is easier, I stop them and tell them that a few hours of aggravation up front may save them a life time of tedious manual work.

No comments:

Post a Comment