Thursday, October 14, 2010

PE1_GarageBand part 1

Not having a musical bone in my body, I decided to look into a program that comes as part of the Apple iLife suite.  GarageBand is one solid audio editing software package that not only allows you to edit an existing audio file, but you can also create music with "virtual instruments".

I have always desired to play an instrument but the opportunity was never presented.  I love to listen to music, sing, and even watch people play instruments but I have never taken the initiative to be the one on stage.  With GarageBand, I am hoping that someday, I will understand enough about sheet music that I can pick up a real guitar and play.  After I become competent in the software (and after the EMDT master's program), I intend to make some time to do exactly that.  GarageBand had video tutorials included to teach you how to play a real guitar or real piano!

I have spent nearly an hour so far watching some introductory videos at Lynda.com of how to navigate the software but my biggest fear still is that I have no knowledge of sheet music or notes.  Over the next two weeks, I hope to gain additional knowledge on this aspect and hopefully the creativity will come thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment