Saturday, October 23, 2010

PE6_iLife '09 Part 3

cert_banner
After completing the tutorials on the new features of iLife '09 from Lynda.com, I think that my desire of learning more about GarageBand was thwarted by wanting to experiment more with iMovie.

I lack of music knowledge continues however I am getting to see more videos surrounding the use of GarageBand.  I do realize that the software is not magically going to make me a musician but I am starting to see how it could make me appear to be a musician. With that said, my journey to be less musically challenge will continue as I will have to find additional time to start taking some lessons.

On the other hand, I did enjoy the advanced editing features that were presented thoroughly.  The green screen effect cannot get any simpler nor can the picture in picture effect.  In both cases, the advanced editing feature must be activated (see previous post).  Dragging a video clip on top of another video in the time line will display a pop up menu asking you to choose the effect that you would like to do with the two videos.

The other "tool" that I will find particularly helpful in the future is the stabilization option for stabilizing a video to remove an unsteady hand or a bumpy ride.  To access the stabilization option, you must click on the cog symbol on the left of the clip (click the clip to select the clip) and choose Clip Adjustments from the pop up menu.  Once the Inspector dialog box pops up, choose Smooth clip motion.

Over the past two weeks, I feel as though I had confirmed much of my prior knowledge as well as learned some really useful tips and features that will aid me in creating better (and more creative) media.

No comments:

Post a Comment